Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

How do we know the accounts of the Bible are accurate ?

68 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Like any fiction book set in real life, some are true, some are not

• ...Show all comments
    • Donald
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

you never went to a library and asked for a bible.
      what section is it stored in? it is not a book of fiction.
      BA is BS (again). bigots support bigotry. GROW UP SOON. (do the world a favor)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Because, All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining and in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully equipped for every good work.

• Don Verto
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Nice try.You can not prove a book by its own words.
      Paul at that time only had the O.T.
      I myself believe the whole Bible to be the inspired word of God but just like you I can not prove it.

• 1 month ago

It is a FACT that the prophets of God have never, never been wrong.  And since it is said that Moses wrote Genesis and neither Noah or Moses were will God in the beginning then these men of God called prophets would have listened to God so they could write.  God said evidently "Write what I say and Write what you see," because that is exactly what is in the Holy Bible.  The fascinating part is that the future of mankind is written in the Bible.  Apostle John who wrote the Book of John made a profound statement when he said, " And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."  John 21:25 KJV

John was speaking as Jesus as God when John made this statement.  The world couldn't contain all the books if man would write down what God has done since The Beginning.  This would include the universe, the creation of the angels, etc.

• 1 month ago

Cause Jesus Born a man to live and die, people who loved, and hated him had details of wonders they could not understand, Water to wine, Feeding thousands, Walking on Water. The Bible is true the truest book ever. Peter, Paul, John the Bapist, more it's accurate I know   

• Don Verto
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I hope and believe you are right.How can we prove it is the question and I don't know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Archaeology confirms the authenticity of the people, places, customs and to a large extent, even the prophecy in the Bible.  Jesus would not have the influence over where he was born, but the scholars of Herod's time confirmed that Micah prophesied that he would be born, not just in Bethlehem, but in Bethlehem Ephrathah, which is in Judea.  There are two towns called Bethlehem, and Jesus was born in the right one, confirming the prophecy in Micah 5:2.  There are many others like that, showing that this book is from God, not men.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

BECAUSE GOD SAYS' SO!

• 1 month ago

Proper examination shows it cannot be anything other than God's word.

• ...Show all comments
    • Davonicus1 month agoReport

@wombatfreaks There is no "word of God".  God DOES NOT EXIST.  The events in the Bible were all CREATED BY HUMANS.  You ******* morons keep deluding yourselves with the delusion of a being in the sky.  WAKE UP and use the brain I know you have in that thick skull.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because (1) Jesus Christ clearly demonstrated that He was God, by constantly doing things only God could do; (2) He, God, founded one Church, said it was to remain one,l and promised that one Church that it would teach only the fullness of truth until the end of time; (3) That one Church compiled the Bible from its own writings (and early Jewish writings), and declares that these 73 texts are the inspired Word of God, when subject to accurate and authoritative interpretation. Therefore God Himself has declared it to be so.

• Jake
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

A person can know numerous truths about God and the Bible by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

• It is blindingly obvious we don't and blindingly obvious much of the OT is complete lunacy.

• ...Show all comments
    • Just a modicum of basic research clearly exposes the OT is essentially absurd mythology and  there is no credible justification for treating the NT as an accurate historical account.That's why theists require faith because real world evidence doesn't back up their beliefs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.