Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

What should I do since a stranger called me?

A few minutes ago I received a call with no name because it was a stranger and then I answered and they hung up on me and then they called me again and hung up and then I blocked the caller. What should I do to prevent this from happening again? Who could of been the stranger?

If you don't recognize the number, don't even answer. That just tells them the number is active. Then block the number.

Its probably just a robocall. It is hard to prevent those calls. You can block them but they will just use another number to call from.

• keerok

If this is a private line and you're not familiar with the caller, simply don't answer.

• Pete L

Contact the Police.

Like Nunya, I often get calls like this, my friend.

Simply don't answer the phone if it's not a number that you recognise [recognize, if you prefer the American English spelling].

• Nunya

I get calls like this all the time. I just ignore them. It sounds to me like they are either playing games or they are calling the wrong number.

Leave your phone locked for an hour.