Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 days ago

Weight loss question?

I am 26, 5 ft 8 inch and 210 lbs if I only ate less than 1000 calories a day would I lose weight pretty quick?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 days ago

Not sure why people want to go through counting calories and put their bodies into a calorie deficit. Maybe try counting carbs instead?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 days ago

No, you'd actually lose it fairly slowly over time because starvation slows your metabolism.

• Logan
    Lv 5
    2 days ago

Studies have shown that on average, a daily deficit of 1000 Calories causes 1 pound a week of weight lose (half of what would be expected from the 3500Cal /pound rule).

However Calorie requirements vary greatly from person to person even of the same height, weight, age and gender.  Although males need on average 500 more a day than females. Consuming 1000 Calories a day could be a 2000 deficit for some but just breakeven for others.  So you could lose anywhere from 2 to 0 pounds a week, and it will vary from week to week. You might lose more the first week as several pounds of water and glycogen are being depleted from muscles and liver, which is necessary before fat loss begins.  

• 2 days ago

Define quick.....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Petter
    Lv 7
    2 days ago

You would lose about 2 pounds a week.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.