joshua
joshua asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 days ago

If Soleimani was this infamous terrorist, responsible for killing hundreds of American, why did most Americans not know he existed until he ?

Was dead? That doesn’t strike anyone as a little strange? 

Before I get insulted and accused of supporting terrorism, hating America, or any number of the ridiculous things partyline hacks say when you question the government’s narrative....ask yourself first......Has the US provided any proof that Soleimani was responsible for the death of American other then “because we said so”?......And in the wake of the Afghanistan papers that expose that Bush Obama and Trump have lied to us for 19 years about the Afghanistan war, how can you trust anything our government tells you? 

I served in Iraq in 04, 06 and 07. Our enemy were Sunni extremist. Shiite militia groups the US actually flipped to our side early in 04....I’m guessing the claim is that he provided bomb ordinates to to insurgents to make IED, yet I can’t see Iran doing business with a Sunni Islamic extremist group when they are literally mortal enemies who hate each other more then they hate the United States. It doesn’t add up. 

• 2 days ago

There is much background reading here (for those who like a long read) https://ctc.usma.edu/qassem-soleimani-irans-unique...

It looks as if Soleimani was briefly involved in training Sunnis but it did not last long. One people divided by a common religion?

He also was very popular in Iran, it appears.

• Ian
    2 days ago

You're surprised that Americans are ignorant about the Middle East?

• 2 days ago

you want to know the real reason why he was killed? because he wanted peace within the middle east, which is why he went to iraq and was working with them to get US troops out, he was also planning to go to Saudi Arabia so he can ease tensions, and hopefully work with them. The US doesn’t want them to work together, they want endless wars in the middle east, which is why they killed him and told everyone that he was a terrorist. and all these americans who are just believing it is just sad. 

• 2 days ago

Even when Trump became president he didn’t know who he was!

He was asked in an interview about what he thought of Soleimani and the Quds forces he was in charge of, and Trump started rambling on about the Kurds and how great they were....totally clueless!

You watch, this will all come out just like Iraq did, there was no imminent threat just as there were no WMD’s! Just another re-election and distraction ploy by another lying Republican dolt!

• 2 days ago

Because he wasn't, there literally is not a shred of evidence he killed a single American. It is just something Americans made up to justify political assassination. What makes it even worse is these same Americans are in love with Saudi Arabia, who literally founded Al-Qaeda and arms and funds ISIS, who have killed Americans. These people care more about pushing an agenda than the lives of their compatriots which they are just using as pawns here. 

• 2 days ago

Soleimani was an  Iranian Major General in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and, from 1998 until his death in 2020, commander of its Quds Force --  a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations.

Every Shia militia and terrorist group in the Middle East can be traced back to him -- there is no reasonable or rational  dispute about who he was, and what the groups under his "command" did in Lebanon ,Syria , Saudi , Iraq , Iran , Yemen and the Gulf states .

The only debate is about the wisdom of the Americans killing him so "publicly".

Anything else is simply white wash ,untruths or trolling .

• joshua
      2 days agoReport

Anything else to add buddy or are you done speaking on things you know nothing about? 

• Jerome
    2 days ago

Because he wasn't the useful villain, I mean idiot CREATED yet.

Similar questions arose within me when my life was snatched from me in the call up of Desert Storm......

Iraq was once allies with the US. A friend in a world where "one" has no friends. Only allies and associates. Meaning "one" side trusts and the other side controls.

A pattern of peoples villainize who oppose any of the jew(el) gods and/or any of its chosen peoples. Judeo-Christians 

2 days ago

So, why then did Clinton, Bush, and Obama all declare him a terrorist? 

Name the terrorists who attacked the US Cole. Name the terrorists who flew the planes into the twin towers. Name the terrorist who shot up Fort Hood. Name the two terrorists who shot up San Bernadino, CA. 

• joshua
      2 days agoReport

And show me the link where Clinton Obama and Bush declared Soleimani a terrorist...Go on buddy I’m waiting....See I know you can’t as this is third lie here

• 2 days ago

He commanded the Quds force since 1998. Iran backed Shia militias have assassinated American soldiers in Iraq. Including abducting and executing at times. 

That would make those his files.

• joshua
      2 days agoReport

I didn’t hear about a Shiite attack. In fact the only actually conclusive Iranian backer attack was Satar city and that was in over some no name Iranian diplomat being killed 

2 days ago

I can’t believe you would defend a known terrorist just because you haven’t heard of him. It’s nobody’s fault but your own that you didn’t study Iranian politics for decades.

Maybe you should move over there and get familiar with the current ruling authorities. Then you can see why a general of their army was not a good person to deal with.

You won’t move though, because you know it’s dangerous. Although it sounds like you could befriend some terrorists so you might be ok.