Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 days ago

Does anyone else think Joker wasn't very good?

I just didn't think the writing, directing, acting, or overall message was anything special or memorable. The outpouring of praise is just confusing to me.

The movie didn't offend of "trigger" me If anything, seeing the media get offended or triggered by the praise is the only enjoyment I'm getting from the film. It's just a movie, but an average one to me

Updated 5 hours ago:

I'm really tired of the left-right warfare of the 2010s. It's 2020, let's leave the past behind us already

• Huh?
    1 day ago
    Favorite Answer

I enjoyed it but I think it's being overrated by the media, and it certainly doesn't deserve 11 Oscar nominations, although arguably Joaquin Phoenix's nomination is deserved, and I do agree with the music score and technical sound nominations.

• Doc
    2 days ago

I didn't think of as anything special myself. If not the references to the Wayne family, and being in Gotham city, there is nothing to link the movie with the "Joker"

The movie is about a loser in clown make up, descending into madness. The Joker is so much more. He has style, he has talent, and he has drive. He's now simply insane, he's criminally insane. His actions have motive, they're not random. There is none of that in this movie.

2 days ago

Yes, although I commend the performance given by Joaquin Phoenix, I don't care for depressing movies. 

• 2 days ago

You're lying. The fact that you're taking time and effort to write this question about this particular movie shows you are being manipulative, and have an ulterior motive. Likely, you ARE triggered by it, and are resentful of it because it puts all the mindless SJW garbage Hollywood sh17 out in 2019 to shame.