l asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 days ago

how to lose 1 pound per day? please help! ?

i weigh 145 i’m 5’5 and i’m 20 years old female i jus wanna kno how many calories should i eat a day and how many calories should i burn a day to lose 1 pound per day everyday ? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 days ago

You'd have to slave yourself like a dog at the end of a whip with no food or water to lose a pound a day - that would kill you if you dropped a pound a day. If you're trying to lose weight fast and let it fall off naturally you have to let your body tap into your stored fat while not starving yourself either. An average woman needs 2,000 calories a day to maintain a constant weight and to lose a pound per week they need 1,500 calories.  

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 days ago

Not possible unless you want to start cutting off body parts. Sorry.  As Eva points out, it is not really possible for people to under eat and exercise enough to create a daily calories deficit of 3,500 calories--particularly if they don't even eat or need that many.

Get grip on reality and aim for 1-2 pound a week eating around 1200 calories a day of high quality foods -- cut the junk food, fast food, soft drinks, sweets, sugar, and artificial sweeteners. 

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 days ago

You would have to utilize 3500 calories more than you consume every day. This is next to impossible. Do not eat less than 1200 calories per day and exercise. Aim for losing 2 lbs per week.

• Logan
    Lv 5
    4 days ago

It would have to be with a crazy amount of exercise. Extreme dieting or even fasting is only good for a few pounds a week. One pound of body fat stores 3500 Calories. Walking or running a mile burns 100 Calories. So you would have to do 35 miles a day with out eating anymore than usual to lose 1 pound a day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 days ago

You would have to have a 3500 calorie deficit for the day to burn a pound each day. This is basically impossible without being super duper unhealthy.

• 4 days ago

Drink 2 cups of water! Eat some oatmeal, walk around or work a little clean up around the place where you are at. You’ve got to Move it move it we’ve got to move it move it! Or tell your kids to move to work while you watch TV. 

• Anonymous
    4 days ago

One pound is 3500 calories. So you would need to burn off 3500 calories per day. 

Realistically the bulk of it would need to come from exercise. You might be able to cut out about 500 calories a day by dieting but then you would need to be extremely careful about what foods you eat and make sure you are getting enough nutrition. 

Jogging would burn off about 1100 calories an hour at 6 min mile pace. 

So, you would need to run a marathon every day and eat around 1000 calories of very nutritious superfoods. If you're not a high level athlete that might be really hard. 

• Anonymous
    4 days ago

You can't . Not possible and unhealthy if you could. You don't even have much to lose. A healthy weight for you is between 125-130. You could lose that 15-20 lbs in about 3 months by eating around 1200 calories a day, high protein, low carbs and  doing a long walk, min 30 min each day.

Don't be tempted to  drop the calories intake to silly starvation levels--all that will happen there is that anything you lose will bounce back on you once you eat normally.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    4 days ago

With your current healthy weight it is virtually impossible to lose a pound a day, other than occasionally in water weight, and that you will gain back as soon as you start drinking water again, so it's pretty pointless.

• 4 days ago

you want to lose 1 lbs fat weight per day? try exercising and not eating anything. you want to lose 1lbs/wk (good) then cut your current portion size by 1/3 and no snacks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.