Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 days ago

Why did British men used to have many bastard childs?

Sadly, my grandfather was one of those bastard childs. My grandfather was a bastard child from a wealthy Scottish man who invested in mining in Mexico. My great grandfather, Mr. Hyslop, had an estate called Hacienda and my great grandmother worked there, she was very beautiful and draw the attention of my great grandfather, they later had an affair, from which my grandfather was conceived, but when he was born, he wasn’t recognized as my Mr. Hyslop’s son, he was a bastard. I’ve seen in history that bristish men used to have bastard childs. Here is a picture of my grandfather at the top and my great grandfather at the bottom. 

4 days ago

All sorts of men have bastards. Not just British People. American people have bastards too. 

4 days ago

Why is that sad, if he hadn't then you would not exist.

btw it takes two to tango.

• Lv 4
      4 days agoReport

interesting answer; also, re question, maybe because they werenot wise enough to appreciate the wonderful gift they had received

• ?
    4 days ago

Men in general like having sex, even (or especially) with women who arent their wives. Children sometimes result. These children generally arent acknowledged for a variety of reasons. Theyre an embarassment and a blow to social standing, and acknowledging them would result in a degree of financial responsibility

• 4 days ago

I'm not a specialist on this topic but isn't Britain an island country

• YKhan
    4 days ago

Because men, all throughout history have always wanted to have sex outside of marriage. Back in the olden days they considered children outside of marriage to be illegitimate. These days it's not, men are equally responsible for children born outside of marriage as for those born inside it.