Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 days ago

Friend of mine eats sunflower seeds all day long at work from 8-4! Should I warn him about the negative effects of all that salt?

• 2 days ago

A healthy person doesn't really have to worry about salt intake. 

Salt restrictions are usually prescribed for people with kidney or heart disease or hypertension. It is done because it was thought that higher salt intake would cause increased water retention (making those conditions worse). We're still unsure if salt restrictions actually help in many cases

• k w
    2 days ago

no...but you can tell him more than one fistfull of nuts a day is the limit, just as many nuts as can fit in hand with a closed fist, he should drink room temp water, just like the cowboys used to....to stay hydrated, I forget and so do many others.....

3 days ago

What negative effect?...ah, you mean the fairy tale of high blood pressure. Even my child knows that fairy tales are not true.

• Matt
    3 days ago

They could be unsalted.