promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Anglers, what is the largest lure you caught a smallmouth bass on?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

An 11 inch Rapala. Smallmouth are FEISTY. At one place we went each evening to the rock ledge shoreline and threw the BIGGEST Black Jitter Bug. About a 3 or 4 inch size. Dependably caught a bunch of them. Threw them back OF COURSE.

Look for Smallmouth bass around rock areas. Boulders or ledges. Rip Rap Sea walls are great places. MAN, on Lake Erie while most go out 20 30 miles, you can go just outside the sea wall and catch LOADS of Smallmouth Bass right at the rock around the harbor. I mean with the boat only 10 - 20 feet off the wall as you drift, and you are in 30 feet of water.

ADDED : A 5 or 6 pound Smallmouth is a GREAT fighter. Allot more feisty then a Largemouth. You find the big ones in large bodies of water.

• Staap It
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Thank YOU.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • BOBBER
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

O I have caught many small mouth on jitter bugs and other bigger top water baits.as well as spinner baits.And live frogs.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Smallmouth? probably the little rooster tail, but i've only caught like 2 smallmouth. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Never had much luck with any lure so now I use live bait.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

I can’t remember the last fish I caught using a lure. I only use live bait now. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.