Alex asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 days ago

If your girlfriend was pregnant and your budget tight, would you pressure her to have an abortion?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 days ago

In every town, every city not far from where you live they have places called The Health Department. They give away free birth control ( many types at that). They give you a bag of condoms. You think Killing you child because You weren't responsible you have to be flipping nuts. And there is always adoption. Many people want a child and can't have one. But if she wants to keep it and you don't you'll be paying child support for the next 20 plus years because once you get behind they will take your license and or put you in jail for non payment. Then the child grows up without a father :( 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 days ago

NO.  Abortion is murdering the child YOU created with her.  She should have the child and you both agree to put the child up for adoption to a family that can properly care for and provide a stable home.

• 3 days ago

It may be a good idea to explain your feelings, and come up with a solution that suits both of you. 

• 3 days ago

I can see why you would worry about money as that would be an issue if I got pregnant. However, I wouldn't pressure for her in my opinion. I would bring up the worries about money but have a talk on what you are going to do to sort the money issue if she is pregnant. But in future, I would be extra prepared with contraception, until you know you can afford to risk having a child. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 days ago

No, money will come your way, but that baby will never come again.

• 4 days ago

NEVER.  Since you two are not married ..... her body - her decision.  Condoms are really not that expensive.

• 4 days ago

That is why you should have thought about it and used protection.  But even if you did everything right it is possible to still get pregnant. Like 1 in 1000. Now did you protect yourself. Use a condom.  If not, you dropped the chance of getting her pregnant to 1 in 10. Assuming she was on the pill.  If she was not on the pill or another form of birth control its 50/50 having sex will get your GF pregnant.  You can get a box of 12 condoms for about $10. assuming at best you use 3 each time.  You could have prevented her getting pregnant for less then $2.50.  As for pressuring her to have an abortion is a bad idea.  Some things are not fair in life.  A child of most divorces.  People born in war torn or 3rd world countries.  And once a woman is pregnant you have little to say about her deciding to carry a baby for 9 months, gain about 30-40 lbs. and because she is the mom, taking on the primary responsibility, or taking care of the baby, after he/she is born.  The law is not fair to women when a baby born when it takes 3-6 months  for the law to punish the father for not helping support his child. and then it is a slap on the wrist, where they suspend your  DL lic.  Now all you can do is accept if she has the baby, you will likely pay 20% of your salary for the next 18 yrs.  Unless both decide to put the baby up for adoption.  Now you made a baby, so you have to decide if you plan to marry her, or not.  But paying for the baby you made is what you will have to accept.   

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

no, cause thats a baby youre talking about, i would just let her have it and let god provide for her

• Anonymous
    5 days ago

It really doesn't matter if your budget tight or not,

Trump has paid for many abortions.

• 5 days ago

If your budget was tight would you pressure your wife to kill your child? I wouldn't. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.