Can working too much and dealing with a lot of stress cause a heart attack?

Favorite Answer

Yes, absolutely. It can also manifest as any number of mental health problems. Stress is a killer. 

• Mark
      1 month agoReport

That is just one reason (apart from their being totally obnoxious) that I just wonder at how many Y!A user ("I hate this" or "I hate those people", etc) are going to die early. It takes a LOT of energy to constantly "hate" things/people.

Yes it most definitely can, as that can certainly contribute to coronary artery disease.

• Mark

Yes.

And I just found this out in the last week or so.  Sleeping with the lights on can cause strokes and heart attacks, too.  Something to do with Circadian rhythms.

Of course. Stress releases a lot of cortisol and increases your blood pressure. Which has benefits to you in the short term. However, long term exposure to stress can tax your liver too much and cause heart enlargement. So you can end up with liver dysfunction and/or heart failure.

Yes, too much stress can cause a heart attack, along with other issues.