promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is the best FREE vpn?

also i hear so much talk about vpn's protecting your computer from hackers usually by youtubers who are sponserd by those companies but are there any downsides to getting a vpn?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Free vpn can't ensure 100% reliability and security, better to go with paid or partially paid. Try HideMyAss, that's fast and entirely secure.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

No doubt, ExpressVPN is the best vpn service. Just go with it. 

• 3 months ago

I recommend NordVPN and Surfshark.

• 3 months ago

Get SoftEther VPN

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Proton VPN.

The free version comes with 2-3 different hosts, and no cap/data limit.

The paid version - obviously - have a lot more hosts from around the world, to choose from. About a hundred different IPs, if I'm not mistaken.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The Opera browser comes with a free VPN.

• Dave
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

No it doesn't. It comes with a proxy. Not even close to the same technology.

• 3 months ago

I don't know if I would use any free VPN's. My friend used one, I think it was called Ghostery. Well, it did not work for him and he received an email from his ISP telling him they were aware of him using it.

I heard that Nord or Express Vpn was reliable. You would need to check with them for the cost.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dave
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

They can see bandwidth, but nothing more then that. They have no clue if it was streaming movies, downloading files or playing games.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I use X-VPN, as an app at least. Works well and I've never had any problems with it. 

• Dave
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

VPN encrypts your date stream so that it's safe to use on public wifi. I wouldn't touch free VPN with a 10 foot pole. They have to make money somehow, and that usually means either showing you ads, or selling your data. Neither is an option for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.