Noah asked in Education & ReferencePreschool · 3 months ago

What is the Opposite of Opposite?

I have always wanted to know this, but know one I know knows the answer. Share your opinion. I have already googled it, and the answer is unsatisfying.

I NEED ANSWERS

Favorite Answer

The preposition opposite is only used of physical position, but it has a more specific use than before or in front of.  Opposite is used to say the person or object being referred to is located at the other end, side, or corner of something else ("He sat opposite me at the table." [=he sat on the other side of the table from me=he sat across from me], "She was opposite the deli when the crash happened." [=she was on the other side of the street from the deli when the crash happened=she was across from the deli when the crash happened]).

And so, you could consider that the opposite of opposite is aside of/beside ("He sat aside of me at the table." [=he sat on the same side of the table as me, just beside me], "She was standing aside of/beside the deli when the crash happened." [=she was standing on the same side of the street as the deli when the crash happened]).

• Noah3 months agoReport

thanks 

Behind is the opposite of opposite.

• Noah3 months agoReport

that makes no sense

• oikoσ

Same......…………………….