security camera misses action?

my outdoor security camera won't trigger when I walked by it quite often. Can people recommend a camera that senses motion better?

Almost all such devices allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor, in some manner. It will be in the software you use to see what the camera sees, not on the camera itself. Search the help section of the software and see if it doesn't have this ability.

You don't specify your camera model, or distance from camera to where you think it should trigger, or other conditions that may prevent the camera from triggering (weather, trees/bushes/leaves, through a window, spider webs!).

• Mmm J

I used to have a Ring Doorbell. It was supposed to sense motions and send an alert. I was missing a LOT of alerts. I spoke with Ring Customer Service and they decided it was not the doorbell's fault, but our internet connection was too slow.

The slow internet connection was causee by two things:

1) wifi signal strength was not very good;

2) actual internet connection from the house to the ISP was very slow.

Resolution was to add a network extender and get a faster internet connection. After both items were completed, the video doorbell worked well.

• Frank

Just a heads up a good way to get suggestions is to tell people what kind of security camera you currently have.