I have not received a notice about renewal on my tag.  The Yellow sticker has 19 on it .  what am I supposed to do?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Contact your States Division of Motor Vehicles and ask them what is up, that you never got a renew notice in the mail, you can take care of this at any of your States MV D!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I think there's a couple month Grace. But 19th long time ago you going to have $45 late fees.. maybe more...if you're going to drive it that way find out if they're going to tow it if they stop you. You might just get ticketed. As long as it's registered to you.

• 1 month ago

Did you move?  If so, you MUST give the DMV, your current address.  If you haven't done this - then just go, into DMV.   They can look your info up, get your changed of address and you can pay for your renewal.

• May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You don't need a "notice" to renew.  

Don't depend on getting a notice.  It is your responsibility to keep your registration current.  If expired get to a DMV office ASAP and renew.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dan B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Be proactive and get the tag renewed. You don't get a free ride if they fail to notify you. They actually did notify you - the renewal date is on your registration.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It depends on what state you're in and how that state if you're even in the US does their tags. I'm in PA and in Pennsylvania they stopped spending the money making extra stickers and mailing them and the forms for them every year in 2017 and made it so tag and registration renewals can be done online and the registration info as well as other info like proof of insurance and all the stuff a license plate does is attached to the number when it's ran / looked up.

You don't have to wait for a form. If you know your tag or registration is expired your responsibility is to get it renewed so go get it renewed. You may be able to renew it online at your local DMV's website.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Find the expiration date on the registration document that goes with the license plate. If your registration is expired, take it to your local vehicle registration office and pay to have it renewed.

• 1 month ago

Ever heard of the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles)?

Go to the nearest office, take a number, and wait wait wait. They will take your money and give you a new sticker.

(Do need help with peeling off the backing on the sticker, or can you handle that without instructions?)

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Its the MVD or DOT in other states than CA. 

• 1 month ago

Without knowing what state/province/country you and the car are in, no one cna even begin to guess.

Go ask the agency that handles this in your area.

• 1 month ago

Go and take care of it.

You can obviously see when it had to be done.

• ...Show all comments
    • Snezzy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

We do not try to be nasty. There really are a few people here on Y!A who try to be helpful. We see lots of incomplete questions and many questions written by trolls. There are answers by trolls, too. Sorting out questions that need good answers can be difficult. We "shoot from the hip" a lot, too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.