promotion image of download ymail app

Can I use this adapter to connect my acoustic guitar to PC? Or a mono Jack is necessary?

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    You can't plug an acoustic guitar into anything. If you mean an electro-acoustic (acoustic with built-in under-saddle transducer then the only place to plug it in a computer is the mic input. That takes a mono mini-jack (3.5mm). It might work but the output of the guitar could overload the mic input.

    Added, if you mean can you plug the male end of the adapter into a guitar and use a cable with a 3.5mm jack plug on each end to connect to a computer then I doubt it. I've never tried connecting a guitar to anything using a stereo jack plug so I can't be certain.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

    you'd have to have something capable of reading it. the only thing i can think of that does this specific task of plugging into your computer with no further inputs/devices with that cable end is the Rocksmith adapter/cable. generic cables should work well. otherwise, you'd need a specialized line in and recording software to your line in. i've never seen a line in on pc that wasn't 3.5mm nor a line in on an amp/recorder that wasn't 1/4'' or RCA.

    • ...Show all comments
    • baby Ey (MeMe)
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

      but if you really want, the 3.5 adapters are like $.50 i have a bunch of them at home. generic rocksmith cables are $5-15 while the real ones are $15-50

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.