Is it safe to take food out twice from the fridge?

My job requires me to jump building to another building and I was wondering if it safe to order a sandwich in this order, place in the fridge which takes 3 minutes, take out of the fridge again another hour later for about 10 minutes place in fridge again for another hour then eat it? It also has ranch dressing so just wondering if it safe to eat it like this?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

of course. 

Technically as long as it is not at room temperature for 2 hours it is "safe" 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Of course. Or just get yourself an insulated lunch bag and keep your sandwich in that with an icepack. Either way, you are not going to do any damage for just that small amount of time.

• 1 month ago

Why in gods name would it not be ok for a sandwich to be out of the bridge forn10 minutes?

• 1 month ago

It will be safe. Eat the same day and you'll be fine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, its safe, the 'times' out of the fridge aren't long enough for the sandwich to get too warm, it will be fine.

• 1 month ago

Yes, that's generally safe.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes,

So long as it has not been left out

more than 2hr @ any given time You'd be

fine in eating it as is for your own info.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no problems. it's safe

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is 100% fine.   

LOL...the things people worry about. 

• 1 month ago

It should be safe as long as it’s in the fridge. The cold will slow down the growth of bacteria or germs that comes from your mouth. Bacteria has a max growth around 99°and it takes about 6 to 8  hours for it to multiply to the point where it’s unsafe. In the fridge, it’ll take several days for it to spoil. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.