will i be okay using windows 7 online until i can pay for eset internet security?

i'm aware that microsoft have ended support for windows 7 today, and i won't be able to upgrade to windows 10 for a while yet....when i next upgrade, i plan on getting windows 10 installed on another hard drive in this desktop computer, so i have both operating systems......but i'm presently using a custom made windows 7 desktop computer.

the only protection i have on my computer at present is malwarebytes premium...but next monday when i get paid, i plan on buying eset internet security antivirus as well, which also has a firewall with it...

but until i can get eset internet security, will i ; be alright going online using my windows 7 system?

and will i be safe buying/purchasing things online? because i do a lot of buying/shopping online.

the sites i mainly buy from are ; amazon, ebay, fox racing uk, JD sports and other sites too.

i would appreciate any opinions and advice which are sensible and knowledgeable.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

No it  is not you can get windows 10 free get windows 10 windows 7 is not safe anymore but if you not  use the internet you can use windows 7 for years.

• Login to reply the answers
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No problem! You should even do just fine with the free version of Avast.

• P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You will probably be fine until browsers like Chrome stop supporting windows 7 and then websites do not display correctly.    Regardless you are creating a big hassle and extra expense by trying to run two operating systems.    Just do the free inplace upgrade offered by Microsoft using the link below.  Windows 10 has been out for years now and they have worked out all the bugs in the upgrade process. Just pull off the bandaid and get it over with.  Even if something isn't right the uninstall process to go back to windows 7 is seamless.   You are just creating more problems for yourself by trying to keep windows 7.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you are that worried  buy stuff using your mobile instead of your PC.

As for asking if your will your Win7  PC be safe, who knows?  Backup any files  you want to  keep onto  optical disc/flash drive/portable HDD or SSD just in case.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, you can, not a problem!

• David
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Please don't feed the troll guys - posts the same or similar rhetoric over and over

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.