How do people afford super cars?

I’ve always asked this question, because I wondered is it really possible to own an lambo or a Ferrari?

I’ve always here’d people who drive super cars lease them or rent them not own them.

Can somebody please explain the process of owning one?

Because I never see private sellers who sell them only see like dealership type people sell them.

Perhaps this video could help you grasp this:

• Dan B

Unless they have a very high paying job, my guess is that they are eating bologna sandwiches and Ramien noodle soup.

There ARE people who have enough money to buy a "super" car. They're just not a practical car. You can't load 10 bags of groceries or a bunch of luggage into one, and if you only drive it on Sundays, it isn't worth the high cost of insurance. PLUS. it's a car you don't dare leave parked anywhere, as people will vandalize it or steal it. I don't want one for those reasons.

Sure. Sell your mom's house.

You know some people have a lot of money?

• Mmm J

Reword your question: "How do people with lots of money afford expensive things?"

Response: "By paying lots of money." Under certain conditions, the financially wealthy person may be in a position to have their company fund the vehicle as it *could* be considered a "company car" or perhaps a perk of the job.

Not all people who drive "super cars" lease them... That's how many "super cars" end up in private collections - because they purchased the vehicle.

An easy public example is Jay Leno

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/jay-lenos-...

REGUlar people don't. It would be foolish for any middle class person to buy a super car.

• Bort

They're the same as buying or leasing or renting any other vehicle. The difference is only the cost.