Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

A 12 year old got handcuffed and arrested after a fight with someone older?

This comes from a Rhode Island police log: A 12 year old was up against a 14 year old in a fight and the 12 year old gets arrested?? Let alone handcuffed?? Both parties were hurt and yet no action was taken against the 14 year old who likely was bigger and stronger. The police log said the 14 year old “wanted to press charges,@ while the 12 year old maintained that he had been attacked first.

Thoughts???  

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't matter that the fourteen year old is "bigger and stronger."  If the twelve year old was the instigator, then he should get handcuffed and arrested.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are children who are very violent.  Here in Dallas, two 12 year olds and a 13 year old beat an elderly man to death with a baseball bat while robbing him in December.  There are multiple cases here of 13-15 year olds who have weapons, carry them to school, and shoot students they've had arguments with.  One such case occurred last week.  

• 1 month ago

"14 year old who likely was bigger and stronger"

Likely, but you weren't there. Mike Tyson was beating up grown men when he was 14.

• 1 month ago

So, by your apparent logic,  if the 14 year old was bigger he was obliged to be a punching bag for the 12 year old?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

My thoughts?  My KNOWLEDGE is that it is customary in MY State to handcuff all of the participants.  No exceptions.

It is dangerous to EVERYONE when the combatants are separated and the Police aren't protected.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Put this out a while back and my thoughts remain the same, the 12 year old was the aggressor, the one who needed to be cuffed to control, the one responsible for the entire issue. Bigger and stronger does not play a role, that is like saying all those wives who beat their husbands are innocent. Becouse the husband could have laid them out.

• Biff
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Without knowing the full details it seems possible the 12 year old was kicking out and punching the police officers and had to be arrested to control them.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You asked this the other day - didnt you like the answer?

• 1 month ago

I wasn't there so there's no way I'd know. On the surface of it you can't tell because the 12 year old might have been the aggressor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.