Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 days ago

Why did Winston Churchill launch Operation Barbarossa?

I personally think it was a disastrous decision. They already had their hands full with the Nazis but then decided to invade the Soviets which cost billions of British lives.

What was Winston Churchill thinking?

Would the British Empire have survived if not for this mistake?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 days ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, the primus motor behide Churchill's decision to attack Russia was. He was getting addicted to Russia Caviare and Vodka.

And in a bloated Caviare and Vodka booze-up in parliament, he gave the order to launch Operation Barbarossa. Of course after he had sobered-up, it was too late to resined the order.

By that time,the British had ready taken Stalingrad and were well on their way to Tokyo and North Korea. And Trump was so pleased -so pleased- that he gave Churchill a free round of gulf on a new gulf-course that he had just built on the moon. Yea, he did that, yes he could do that.. 

Attachment image
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    5 days ago

I feel the U.S.A. Public education system is a complete failure!  But then remembering what little was presented to me as a teen ager would illuminate the wording of your question.

I personally had to augment what was presented to me in our public education system.  That concept has passed you over!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 days ago

You cannot be that clueless and your knowledge of WW2 so bad.

• 5 days ago

It was not Winston Churchill who launched Operation Barbarossa. It was Adolf Hitler.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 days ago

you can tell idiot school children are Bored showing off their own stupidity

• 5 days ago

Though Churchill has launched his share of disasters (Gallipoli & Diep come to mind).  Operation Barbarossa was the brainchild of that brilliant strategist & tactician Adolf Hitler.    

• Tina
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

A troll of almost supernatural stupidity. Do you really think this is funny?

Join the dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r__Dk4oWGJQ

Youtube thumbnail

• Fred
      Lv 5
      5 days agoReport

Once again, Tina; you are a poet with words!  I'm envious!    

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    5 days ago

Please explain the attraction of demonstrating your deliberate stupidity with that question world wide.

• 5 days ago

Churchill didn't, Operation Barbarossa was the code name for the German invasion of the Soviet Union during World War II, 

• 5 days ago

It was Adolf Hitler's project. Not the project of Winston Churchill. The British soldiers never fought on Soviet teritory.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.