Anders asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 days ago

I am 21 years old. I hate my job and I am single. I don't have any savings. There is nothing good in my life. How can I deal with this?

I can’t quit my job because I need the money, Even though the salary is low, it’s better than nothing.

• 2 days ago

get a better job, start saving money

• 3 days ago

You should get a dog. They are always there for you as people cannot be.

• 3 days ago

Realize you are typical and get over it. Most 21-year-olds have nothing. Look for another job while you still have that one. Some 21-year-olds are still dependent on their parents.

• sarita m2 days agoReport

And most younger people today wish they'd been born wealthy, and refuse to make an effort.

• 4 days ago

Get rid of social media. Stop living a comparative lifestyle subconsciously. Start taking interest in reading interesting things that you like, not just watching videos. You'll find a passion soon enough, instead of worrying about what people think about you, about the girlfriend you don't yet have. When you find your passion, obsess over it, become a master. Find passion, security and real worth for yourself.

Create real value for yourself. Get ready for when you meet your other half, because be realistic, if you met her today would you feel worthy?? In this whole process, you'll feel yourself becoming more and more worthy, to yourself, which is the most important part of this life. Be selfish in that aspect, because if you don't feel worthy to yourself in a real way, your whole world will be unworthy. 

• sarita m2 days agoReport

TRUE!  Social media is depressing the younger people.

5 days ago

There are still many good things in your life, despite at the moment you do not feel like there are. You have opportunities to change your future and no children to take care of. Also not having any health problems is something that is often taken for granted. Think about what you would like to do in the future. You need something that motivates you enough to get up in the morning. Set some small goals to start with, do not give up, learn from your mistakes and develop as a person. There is also plenty of time for relationships when you are older. For now focus on keeping in touch with your closest friends, but do not forget to make new friendships.

5 days ago

Start training for a job that you would enjoy.  Keep the current job, or any other you can get, long enough to see you through that training and to a better job.

• 5 days ago

You could set up a savings account. I believe in God, and I pray to Him, especially when I'm unhappy. The good thing about my life is going to church and learning that God is our comforter.

• Matt
    5 days ago

Join the military.

• sarita m2 days agoReport

This is one of the best answers.  Develop patriotism, join the military, and your life will be good.

5 days ago

Being single is very much better. Trust me! And keep looking for better jobs. Most friends of mine also used to work for low salary at 21 but keep getting better paying jobs as they keep getting job experience.

The good thing in your life is you HAVE a job.

Keep working you'll get yours desired job ( maybe gf / bf too )

• 5 days ago

Keep grinding. It's nice to be single if you are a car enthusiast.