promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My blood pressure was 167/87. Is this too high. Should I cut out salt?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Reduce salt to see what happens. Visit heart doc for a consult. Many things can cause blood pressure to rise.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • k w
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

did you know how important salt was to the body ? taste your pee just one time, then you'll know we need it.....the 87 is considered a bit high, I learned it's the 2nd number that's important......and throw out that poison white bleached salt and buy himalayan pink salt, it's delicious too AND salt used to be traded like money too, and don't just trust the untrustworthy quacks, THINK and verify any recos, always question them...and that 2nd number should be under 80, just so you know,,,,and amzon has some blood pressure meds that work, and no prescription needed....and we all need to move our bodies, you can easily do calisthenics at home, walk up and dow the stairs, run in place like they have the troops do, arm rolls, jumping jacks, anything to get the blood moving....eventually the pressure will fall off slowly, and rest 15 min prior to taking a reading.....

• Smokie
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Seems high. Talk to your doctor.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It is slightly high...anything above 145/80 is considered higher than usual. Yes, cut down on salt ([you could try Low Salt ( potassium chloride)]instead, if you like salty tastes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Normal is 120/80. Yours is high. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.