Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Are the needles they use for wisdom teeth removal big needles ?

I is a scared of needles 😱  

• In
    Favorite Answer

Needles are not used to remove wisdom teeth.  After a numbing gel is applied to your gums the dentist will give you several oral shots of novocaine to deaden the nerves, but you won't feel the shots.  I suggest asking for laughing gas too (Nitrous Oxide) to help with your anxiety.  After the removal make sure your rinse repeatedly with salt water to keep everything clean until your gums heal up.  You won't be eating solid food for a few days.

• k w

ask them to use numbing gel so you won't feel it

They are freaking HUGE!!!!  Don't look at it when the dentist gets ready to use it, cause you'll bolt out that chair and run for your life.  Scary, scary, scary......

Small.

In dentistry, common gauges include: 25, 27, and 30 (the 30-gauge needle is no longer recommended)-the larger the number, the smaller and thinner the gauge.

You should be able to opt for Gas

Needle gauge does not matter as much as the area (pain sensors) that the needle is used.  I very rarely allow my DDS to work without a local anesthetic (it is easier on me and the DDS) I have had 5 Root Canals (with no pain, during and after)

The injection was merely a slight pinch. The anesthetic numbing took Four Hours to wear off for me

A real question is, "Do you need" them pulled.

Are you in pain? Do you have trouble chewing?

Many old school dentists pull them for "funnsies", to pay for their country club dues

OR "because it is just done". "because you *might* have trouble in the future".

• In
      1 month agoReport

I use 32 gauge pen needles for my insulin shots and I can hardly feel them.

They are very big.

They are long needles, not wide ones. And they're not used to remove the teeth, just to numb to site.