Does Orange County, California sort of have a bad reputation or is it just me?

It’s one of the more famous counties in the US, and certainly the most famous Orange County (Several other states have an OC too), but it seems like it’s been the subject of a lot of popular culture. For me, out of it could be that it’s historically been so much more a Republican than the rest of the state (I’m a Democrat), so is that part of it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The OC has until recently been considered one of the safer and better parts of So Cal to live in. Most of its "rep" comes from Disneyland and the various TV series that were set in the South Bay beach cities.

• Login to reply the answers
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Years ago OC, CA was thought to be mostly conservatives, but now its by far mostly liberals.

I ate in a Carl's Jr in Mission Viejo many years ago and I was amazed by how WHITE everyone was.  I thought these kids are growing up in a fake clean white world, not real world at all.  Drive through downtown LA and you will see lots of "real world".

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The ignorance and self-importance expressed in that one question is amazing.

• 1 month ago

OC is affluent & upper middle class.  Course my experience is Mission Viejo & Laguna Hills.  What's this bad reputation that it has??           

• ...Show all comments
    • A Hunch
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Santa Ana is by far the worst area of OC - it touches Newport Beach, Irvine & Tustin.  It's the only community that remotely resembles the bad areas of LA (which are really not a close comparison to the bad areas of Chicago, Detroit, DC, etc.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

By " bad reputation", you leave a large generic area blank. I think Orange County has a kind of rich and snooty reputation, which is good for rich people but bad for poor. By the way, I was raised there until age 9 and I am glad I left.

• 1 month ago

Most people would think areas with bad reputations to be Detroit, East St Louis and other areas with very high crime / unemployment / low income...

Not an area with almost non-existent crime, non-existent unemployment, fantastic schools, and high income...

I think you need to re-evaluate how you determine an area's "reputation".

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.