Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 2 months ago

Daughter cries at the dr ?

My daughter is 15 months ever since she was a baby , when i go to put her on the weight table she screams and cries and her face turns red . I try to calm her down but it doesn't work . The dr even shows her that it doesnt hurt on her stuffed animal and that dont work either. Any advice or is this normal  

• LizB
    Favorite Answer

Totally normal. Little toddlers don't have very many ways of communicating, so if she feels uncomfortable or nervous then if course she's going to cry. The doctor and nurses are used to it, most of the time they can do whatever it is they need to do even if a child is upset. 

Also kids can be weird about what they feel scared of. When my son was big enough to stand on the regular scale, until about age 5 he just refused to do it. It freaked him out for some reason that I never figured out. I ended up having to get on the scale myself, then pick him up and hold him so they could subtract my weight from the total weight to figure out his weight. Honestly that was easier on everyone than to try to force him to stand on the scale when he didn't want to.

• Klw.19862 months agoReport

I can’t wait for the dentist. She will kick snd scream pro have to sedate her to be able do anything 

normal..no need to worry about it

That's completely normal and is nothing to be concerned about.

Thats normal

Don't make a big deal about it and don't coddle her. If you make a big deal out of it and coddle her she will learn if she cries over nothing she will get her way 

It's entirely normal.

Many babies do this.

• Bill

of course you lay the child down on her back. That is the only way to weigh some one isn't it

what would happed do you think , if you put the child in the device laying her on her belly. would she not weigh the same with less trauma

• Jill

Are you weighing her so often that you really need to worry about this? 

She's obviously frightened but as she grows she will learn that nothing bad happens when she's being weighed. Just reassure her and don't get stressed about it because she will sense your anxiety. 

• Jill

As suggested elsewhere you could weigh her on normal scales while you hold her (subtracting your weight).