What is "fake news?"?

• Traci

Anything you  hear on CNN, MSNBC and NBC!

• dumb

Most of the stuff one sees on Yahoo answers.

Some other words are: Propaganda; Disinformation; public relations--This is a milder term. In other words things made up to enhance a certain argument, or political party. 

Lies. Is more direct.

Source(s): Studied communication theory.

Well here in the U.S it is a term conservatives have used to describe main stream media, and of course President Ham Head popularized it. However, from a man(ME) who used to listen to a nightly Sean Hannity show on Fox for years, and Rush Limbaugh on radio............. nearly 65% of the garbage those two throw out in the media is twisted and FAKE.............. It's really used by the current President, when he doesn't want to engage in any intellectual, rational defense of his policy, when the media questions him.................. he reverts to the FAKE NEWS. It's an easy way out because his base will not question it. The other 60% of the country that keeps up with the issues......... listen to him and ask............"what the ............k is he talking about?"

So you get information from sources like The Drudge Report, Breitbart, Family Life radio (Washington watch) even Dr. James Dobson........... spew stuff out, very right wing..........Then you have MSNBC like Rachael Maddow, CNN's Don Lemon, and you have to hear basically a extreme position of each...............and the thing I have done is to ask myself...................OK, WHAT REALLY IS THE ISSUE, AND WHAT IS REALLY THE TRUTH. It's very difficult...........For example........... the impeachment............. you have to not listen to for example, this President tweeting.........".it's all a sham!! It's all corrupt" Even I am not convinced totally what went on in Ukraine........... I cannot tell............. One thing I do know..........this President has an unbridled tongue, an undisciplined tongue, he blows his mouth over everything.......I come from a evangelical background(although not a dominionist type........... The bible has a lot to say about a man who has no control of his mouth...............so thus my thinking is what Trump is accused of, wouldn't surprise me a bit...............just saying..........BUT AGAIN, it's difficult to know for sure.

Anything from the Right Wing of politics.

There is no totally true news, ordinary people just know what they should know.

• John

Thats the facts from major news that trump doesn't want America to hear.

Fake news is anything i personally don't like.

• Murzy

Trump uses that phrase to discredit the media that reports poorly about him.

• Annonymous

Give me examples of him reported "poorly about him"?

anything from yanks

remember yank intelligence ?

Iraq's WMD's  ..........  LOL

• Axiom

'yank intelligence' = oxymoron