Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

I was at a wine tasting place and accidentally drank out of used glasses as they looked like "samples you help yourself to" could I sue them?

Ok so this place does free wine tasting and I see a few glasses sitting out with a tiny bit of wine in them but at first I did not even think about the fact that they were already used glasses that someone finished and set down and that the wine inside them were just residue, I thought for sure they were those "pre-poured and help yourself" samples of wine and so I picked a few up and drank out of them and next thing I know the man running the tasting setup comes back after ringing up a customer’s transaction and so I ask him “what wine am I tasting?” but then he mentions that he didn’t recall serving me any wine tastes and that I’m supposed request what I want to taste and he gets it for me, then tells me the glasses I drank out of had to have been used glasses that someone else set down after already drinking from them.

Am I able to sue the place for having used glasses in customer’s reach causing me to accidentally drink out of them?

• 6 days ago

Get high quality wine from https://wevino.store

No. You're just an idiot. Cant sue people because you're stupid.

No, but you can sue your self for being stupid.

Yes, you should also sue for them having water in the toilets that you could have consumed. They probably had glass in the windows that could have broken and cut you. They probably allowed other people in the building and those people could have realized how stupid you were and made fun of you. Sue! Sue! Sue!

Because you’re not aware of customary etiquette isn’t necessarily grounds for litigation. Other than hurt pride, there were probably no damages incurred. You’re the classic service business nightmare.

You can try, but there's no way that you would win. This is your fault.

• CB

Your stupidass can sue anyone for anything - winning is a completely different question and NOT guaranteed. 

• How'd that work out when you sued them 2 months ago?? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

And how did you get away with underaged drinking anyhow? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

• Eva

You have to have some sort of damages in order to sue. Simply being grossed out is not sufficient reason. Picked up a "few"? It's not a bar.

How were you damaged by this? If you didn't have any doctor bills to pay because of it, you weren't damaged. You wouldn't get anything for 'psychological suffering'.