Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 4 days ago

How to fix a chipped cereal soup bowl?

Apparently i found out my husband chipped one of our cereal/soup bowls i got at my wedding shower. Its not a big chip but i do notice it. This was probably an accident i know he was telling me he was washing the dishes (we love in an apartment without a dishwasher) but he didnt clean the bowl really good and i dont know if he dropped it (he has a seizure disorder) or spmething else as i wasnt home.

Now i do not want to throw this bowl out as it is a small chip and it was a wedding shower gift. How can i repair this small chip? It is a grey bowl no design

Updated 4 days ago:

We live* sorry i was typing too fast

Updated 4 days ago:

I just feel bad because the bowl was part of a wedding shower gift i  got in summer 2019

• ron h
    19 mins ago

Look on the bottom of a plate or bowl and google the name  that you see there.  You MAY be able to replace a single bowl.   or google   "  broken china replacement  "  You'll find a bunch of listings

• 14 hours ago

Easy just fill the crack with drywall puddy

• John
    19 hours ago

Unless you have the actual chip fragment anything you can do will only make it worse. If you do then just use a drop of epoxy.

• 19 hours ago

Some people are just careless washing dishes and crash them about. My girlfriend does the same thing. The bowl is useless really. Better to buy a new one. 

• Dale-E
    1 day ago

Try one of the products made to fix a chipped bat tub. You can build it up to smooth, but i doubt you will match the color very well.

3 days ago

Fingernail polish works.   Or use Corel dishes as you can't break them.  Oh well. Either buy another or live with it.

• elhigh
    4 days ago

Glue. A good clear epoxy can do a decent job of putting things together and holding them well.

Shower gift or not, it's just a bowl. I get that for some people their love language is gifts, but things are just things, and if your husband's love language is NOT gifts, you spending this much time and energy over a little chip in a (by your own description) a plain grey bowl may be hurting him emotionally. If you can't fix the bowl to your satisfaction, let it go.

For the good of your relationship, let it go. It's only a thing, and things aren't important. People are.

• NONAME
    4 days ago

see how japanese fix their cracked bowls....looks nice

4 days ago

Throw it in the garbage. 

4 days ago

If it’s not a big deal why bother. As far as I know there isn’t a fix other than getting a new bowl. 

Nothing lasts forever .