Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 days ago

Is it okay to stay with someone who angrily attacked you just once while they were drunk?

I am 20 years old. I met my fiance 2 years ago while I worked as a waitress. He was a regular customer.  He flirted with me and tried to get me to date him for like 4 months. But I did not want  to date him because he was older than me (12 years) and he was from another country (Scotland) with plans to move back at some point.

But eventually I decided to go on one date so he would stop and he seemed fun.  We ended up hitting it off and we started dating. I met his 2 sons (6&7 years old) and then during the summer he asked me to marry him and I moved in.  Everything was going well and his parents came down from scotland during the holidays and we all got along.

After they left he started getting more edgy and drinking a bit more. Sat of this week I went with my sister to go shopping and he had his kids that day. I arrived home and his kids had already left and he was extremely drunk. He started fighting with me over a movie that he wanted to watch but couldn't find. I decided to leave the situation and go up stairs. But he follows me up. He starts calling me names out of nowhere and grabs me, lifts me up, body slams me on the bed and starts smacking my face.

I asked him why and he had already passed out. I grabbed some clothes and went to  friends. I haven't been back but he keeps calling me.  He said it was pressures from work and his ex and family. That he loved me. 

He has never been like that before. Should I give him a chance to see if that was not really him? 

• 4 days ago
    Favorite Answer

He is a violent alchoholic who beat you up over a movie he couldn't find and he will do it again and it will only get worse. Please leave him and don't look back. Tell his ex wife what he did, he shouldn't be trusted with his kids.

This guy is bad. Please just leave and don't look back.

• Joe
    4 days ago

Too much reading but I didn't need to read it all. Somebody gets drunk and violent, dump him fast and never look back. If you don't your life will be one continuous horror story.

• 4 days ago

Here are the FACTS:

When someone is drunk, what they REALLY FEEL LIKE DOING AND SAYING COMES OUT.  And so this is the REAL HIM without any brakes on his behavior.

I might give him a second chance providing he gets treatment for his drinking.

Either he chooses the bottle or you.....he can't have both.  Unless you want to live in hell.

Oh, and ask him why the mother of his sons is no longer with him.  Or better still, ask her.  I'll bet he has done this before.

• ko4 days agoReport

Really? Second chance for a guy who beats women over a misplaced DVD? NO! No second chances for this guy, even if he sobered up.

5 days ago

Get out before it gets worse

• 5 days ago

Typical of abusers is that they apologize and make excuses for unacceptable , abusive behavior. If you stay with this drunk, you can only expect a repeat of this experience eventually, and more after that. Enough said? and by the way, it WAS really him!

• 5 days ago

No, you shouldn't give him another chance. probably why he's not with his kids mother

6 days ago

i wouldnt go back to him if he treated you like that

• 6 days ago

I don't think it's okay. The fact that he got that out of control while drinking really shows that he can't hold his liquor. He gets too drunk and lets his emotions get the best of him. This isn't a healthy way to handle things and you need healthy coping mechanisms anyways but especially in a relationship. 

• 6 days ago

Is it "okay"? Okay with whom? No, you don't give someone like that another chance. He's an abusive drunk.

• Cogito
    6 days ago

No - absolutely not.

You know what he's capable of.

Don't be an idiot.