John asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Dandruff won’t go away no matter what I do?

I’ve tried head and shoulders, doesn’t work. Neither does tea tree or crew, both of which my barber told me to use. Neither one did jack sh*t. I’ve tried shampooing every day vs every other day and it made no difference. It will not go away and it’s so embarrassing to go get my haircut because I don’t want my barber seeing all that sh*t in my hair. When I run my hands through my head a whole bunch of flakes come off. Why won’t it go away? I’ve tried everything.

Conditioner doesn’t help either.

Heya best to see a doctor for your condition 

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Probably a dermatologist ?

my dear friend, there is 100 reasons ,but let me tell you shortly, use shampoo paraben and sulphate free only,  if you can find shampoo with citric acid and zinc with menthol wash your scalp 5 times, no conditioner, head and shoulders high concentrated with paraben and sulphate , 

use apple ciders with water, use sale with water, avoid hot water only cold and  reduce junky monkey food, to detoxifying  your liver,oily scalp washing daily with water only, shampoo twice a week , needs time

try till you achieve it

Dandruff is different for different people. I recommend talking to a hairdresser or an expert about this. My hairdresser gave me advice and got me a shampoo that is working well.

Natural home remedies to eliminate Dandruff Normally. Attempt Teas Sapling Essential oil. Make use of Coconut Essential oil. Well-known because of its several many benefits, coconut essential oil is usually additionally utilized like a organic fix for dandruff. Utilize Aloe Observara. Reduce Tension Amounts. Include Apple company Cider White vinegar for your Regimen

Wash your hair as usual

Towel dry then apply a palm full of LISTERINE to your hair and massage into your scalp.  LISTERINE is an antibacterial and yes it will smell like listerine for a bit but it just smells like you used it as mouth wash.  After a single use you will note a difference.

PS the sh word was not necessary to your query!

environment,mold in the shower stall,your diet,,occupation,mold is all over inside the house,

you might try ordering nizoril antifungal ( the pills for swallowing)

squoosh a tab in 2 tablespoons,till it is a fine white powder

drop a tab into about 8 ounces of the mildest shampoo out there,

once a day for a week,,oh,,,,,, be sure to shake the bottle a lot before using

yeasts molds,fungii,the cause a lot of schmarmy human chronic stuff like psoriasis,nail infections,athaletes feets (<---- heh heh,,),pharmacies have 3 shelves of crapola for all these which are ******* useless,,  thank the educational system that charges confiscatory tuition so the pharma tech walks into jobs  at big box pharmacies inadequately trained

I don't think you have dandruff, it sounds like a skin condition - maybe dry scalp. You''ll need to see a doctor as over the counter shampoos aren't going to work, they'll just irritate it.

• patty

you may have a very resistant type. U may need to see your dr. then a dermatologist is necessary. U could even ask the pharmacist in your local chemist-they are very knowledgable.

Do you have dandruff or dry scalp? Dry scalp is white and flakey dandruff is yellow and oily flakes. Head and shoulders actually causes a build up on the scalp and in long term will worsen dander, if you have dry scalp and not dandruff then teatree and other dandruff products will dry your scalp out making your dry scalp worse. 

Dandruff shampoos take around 2 months of use to start working. The AG Control shampoo has the highest amount of dander medication you can get in a salon. If you have yellow flaky dandruff get a salon quality dandruff shampoo and use it consistently for 2 months to see if it’s working for you. If you have dry scalp get a salon quality shampoo and conditioner you’ll want a gentle shampoo and a very moisturizing conditioner, use a clarifying shampoo one a week to make sure you have no product build up. You could also consult a doctor and they can prescribe medicated shampoos. As I stylist I can tell you there’s nothing to be embarrassed about we see a lot of head and scalp conditions and dandruff is nothing to be embarrassed about. 

Source(s): I’m a hairstylist