promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the procedure after a colposcopy?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

After a colposcopy, you may have dark vaginal discharge for up to three days, and some bleeding for up to a week. Your vagina may be sore, and you may experience mild cramping for 1 to 2 days. If no biopsy was taken, you may resume normal activity right away and i looked it up

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Do you mean a colonoscopy?  The procedure after a colonoscopy is that you wake up, get dressed, and go home.  If the doctor had seen anything suspicious during the colonoscopy, he would have told you so as soon as the procedure had been completed. If you're indeed speaking of a colposcopy, the procedure afterward is the same as for a colonoscopy.  

• 3 months ago

Procedure for what?

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No sex for 24 hours I was told.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Do you mean colonoscopy?

• 3 months ago

For the patient, there doesn't seem to be one.  Unless you are diabetic, then the only instructions I got were to get back on solid food as quickly as possible, because the only clear liquids (for the diet the day before) were either 100% sugar or 0% sugar.  Hard to regulate your blood sugar that way.  

The best recommendation I have received about improving diet (especially for diverticular disease) was to eat more greens and beans, and less (or no) meat, especially red meat, as it is a known contributor to colon cancer.  The nutritarian diet is the best one I've found.  You might get a copy of the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Furhman.  He also has youtube videos you can watch.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

@Tavy:  In a colonoscopy, the tube with the camera on it is inserted into your rectum; not into your vagina. The camera looks at your colon and your lower bowels. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.