Having a 90s wedding. Haven't gone in person to any stores yet. Would getting 90s dresses and tuxes be very difficult?

• Foofa
    2 days ago

Wedding dresses and tuxes have a bit of a timeless nature and the 1990's weren't that much different from 2020 in terms of design. So I don't think you'd have much trouble finding something passable. Might be different if you were going for the 70's or 80's, both of which had more distinctive esthetic signatures.

4 days ago

icky ick ick. tacky.

• Ocimom
    5 days ago

That depends on where you live.  You might want to shop thrift stores to find clothes you want.  Or put a wanted/seeking post on social media (FB, etc.).

5 days ago

I'm sure you can find the 90s garments you seek.  They have plenty somewhere that never sold...you simply have to find them.  On the other hand you should make Love the theme.  God is Love and He binds the two of you.  It takes three he, she, and God.  Have a themed reception...not the wedding.

5 days ago

No one is going to think this is a 90s wedding.   They'll just think you have terrible taste. 

• D
      4 days agoReport

jesus i agree so hard. it's gonna look bad....

• drip
    6 days ago

The majority of your guests are not going to notice that the styles are from the 90’s.  

Find patterns for the dresses and have them made. A black tux is a black tux.  Lapels  were wider.  Hopefully your wedding part is small. 

You May try a costume rental store. As well as searching online 

• I like your idea of a 90s wedding! I think its cute, if you can't find any 90s vintage dresses or tuxes you can always go online to Amazon, Ebay, or even Etsy- I've seen a great selection of 90s vintage dresses and wedding dresses there. Best of luck and congratulations!

• 6 days ago

Just put shoulder pads in everything?

• D
      4 days agoReport

dear, i think that's 80's...

• 6 days ago

This isn't what you asked, but are you sure you want this theme?  Some decades are easily recognizable and others aren't.  This is JMO, but the 90's aren't all that recognizable to me other than music.  It's very different with the even numbered decades, probably going back to the flappers in the 1920's! 

• 6 days ago

You can Google 1990s wedding gowns.  As far as finding them, try secondhand shops like Salvation Army and Goodwill  

Finding matching bridesmaid gowns may be a challenge.Menswear changes so little I just wouldn't worry about it.