promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 5 months ago

Why do wealthy people get so much notoriety when they donate money just because they don’t know what to do it all?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

WeII.. it's not a bad thing to donate money. l don't think it's fair to say people like BiII Gates are "philanthropists" though lol. lt's more that people and charities reach out to him to try to get money since he's famous for being rich than it is him actuaIIy caring about the less fortunate. 

People are dumb. They see things in black and white. "He donated money... he is a good person". End of story. No after thought, no background, no reasoning.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

The Gateses do a great deal more than merely donate money.  They've set up foundations and a variety of special projects.  They have, in fact, proved that they ARE philanthropists and also good people.  YOU appear to be a person who engages in no thought and not even any research on the subject. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Learn the meaning of the word "notoriety".

And they get attention if they donate an unusually large sum of money, not just for every little donation.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

There is a massive skew of wealth by any division you look at. When a person does something morally right to do, when they had a choice to be immoral, I don't think there is anything bad about people giving them acknowledgement, that might also encourage others to do the same thing.

The Gates (Bill and Melinda) created The Giving Pledge.

https://givingpledge.org/

There is nothing wrong if people want to do good things and not want any publicity, but knowing that some are trying to use their wealth in good ways, puts those greedy people in a bad light and they deserve it. There are wealthy people NOT on the list. Some are philanthropic, some are kings of their empire looking for their legacy children to be monetary power brokers.

I do love some of the letters.

Read Warren Buffett's pledge.

https://givingpledge.org/Pledger.aspx?id=177

You may or may not agree with the Gate's choice of causes, but he is helping the world as a whole with some of his wealth.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/

Not every wealthy person is poison to the world, but I know of a few I don't have to name here.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

flat earthers are in denial

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Probably because they donate the most money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.