Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

I was arrested last night. What does my future look like?

Yesterday I was caught shoplifting with my friend and the cops came and arrested us. I am 16 and have extremely good grades but I am worried that this mistake will affect my life. Can colleges and future jobs see this? 

Sure can. Bet it was worth it, right? DA.

Juveniles records are NOT TOTALY SEALED.

That is to say if you wish to get a job which has any connection with Law Government or the Military basically it will be checked.

and even other employers can have access in certain circumstances.

So yes it will follow you through your life up to the day of your death.

You did not make a mistake as clearly you made the choice to steal therefore YOU ARE A THIEF AND A LOT OF EMPLOYERS NOW WILL NOT GIVE YOU A POSITION OF TRUST!

So I predict a future where the phrase " Would you like fries with that" will be used quite a lot!

• kayla1 month agoReport

lmao!!! so harsh 

That is yet to be determined by a judge so you will have to wait and find out. You should be able to get out on bail, what's your folks gonna have to say?

100% of people that think their grades are even remotely relevant to criminal charges DON'T have as good grades as they claim.

ANYONE can see criminal records. MOST won't care very much about ONE shop lifting conviction, at least not after a few years.

Note: Contrary to popular MYTH, juvenile records ARE NOT automatically sealed in most jurisdictions.

What "mistake" are you talking about? You're a thief. You chose to steal property. From now on you will be known as a thief. This reputation could easily follow you and prevent you from getting a lot of jobs.

your juvenile record won't carry over into your adult life but learn your lesson do your theft class and your community service that you're going to get and don't do it again

i'm sorry bro. that's rough. but i really don't know the answer. i hope not cause i've been caught several times. its addictive

First of all, you are not a victim, second, you are a thief.

It will be sealed when you turn 18.

You'll have a job waiting for you in the fast food industry

• 1 month agoReport

Not necessarily