Anonymous

Obsessed with co-workers wife?

I am 51, married and have kids. Everything is well, great job, family, home, etc. At the event I met my co-worker's wife, she is 30, very smart and beautiful. I never had this before, but I can't stop thinking about her. I stop by at my co-worker's office just to see her picture on his table. I am obsessed with her. It bothers me a lot. Is this normal?

Not, I'd smash. Love at first sight is real apparently..

Favorite Answer

Just because we are married it doesn't mean we are dead. We feel sexual attraction toward other people at times. It's normal.

Of course its normal. Acting on it and having no respect for a co workes marriage is not. A really good way to get hurt or killed in the real world.

• Alan H

Feelings come unasked.

Actions are a choice 

She doesn't belong to you. You need to back off now!!!  Stop admiring her, stop talking to her!  You are deemed a home-wrecker if you do get involved with her!  Millions of single women in the world. Go and find one!  Keep your eyes  off her and your mind!  And you are married, too, mate.  How do you think your wife and kids would feel?  Obsession is not normal. Take up a hobby! If you are going through a mid life crisis, work on you and your marriage.  When was the last time you took your wife out to dinner or bought her flowers. It is not based on "feeling" but giving and love.  And a 30 year old woman is young or old enough to be your daughter.  You need to back off now!  If it bothers you do something about it.

Your wife's heart will be crushed and this gentleman (married to this 30 year old)'s heart will be crushed too if you get involved.

Seriously, you need to find another job if you are finding it difficult.

Remember your vows to your wife?

Love at first sight is not real, mate. That's lust. lust mate.

work on you and your marriage and leave this job now!

If it's an "I'd smash" level of obsession, then no, both because of the 20 year age difference and the fact that you're both married. If she's married, she won't likely go for you because she's married and so are you.

I would think a lot of older guys probably have this problem too so I would say it is normal but not wise.I once worked for a woman and her husband and she was a knockout and she was very friendly, I wouldn't say I was obsessed with her, I didn't think her husband was satisfying her very well but I kept my cool and didn't try anything with her. You should do the same thing.

• kristy

Just keep it to yourself and save face

Nothing wrong in that . You are a man and you got attracted by a woman..it's a primal reaction.. but what you do with it determines you ..

You can tell your mind this is nothing and move on or pursue her leading to dangerous thing..

The choice is yours

• RP

It doesn't matter whether it's normal. What counts is why you are obsessed and your inability to realize this is unhealthy and inappropriate. There are many women around who you, and others, might consider smart and beautiful. If you truly have a great job, family, home, etc, don't be envious, jealous, or worse, but realize others have similar good fortune and be thankful they do without letting their success endanger yours. One thing you can do immediately is stop going to see his wife's picture. That only adds to your problem, fear, and confusion. There may be more you can do, or avoid doing, but that's something only you can decide.

No, that is not normal. You may be 51 but you need to grow up.