Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

Am I overweight?

I'm 5'3 and 121 pounds and my waist size is 26 inches. I'm not sure if I'm overweight or not or if I need to loose weight. I'm a teenager and I'm getting back into cheerleading after a injury but I don't wanna look fat.

Favorite Answer

Relax. You are a healthy weight. Your BMI is 21.4 in a healthy range of 18-24. The thing you need to understand is that weight alone isn't a good indicator of body composition, clothing size, physical fitness, or popularity.  If you've been healing from an injury, you may be less fit than before that injury.  Your goal is to work carefully back into cheer.  As you do that, you may drop a pound or two or add a pound or two based on muscle development and your nutrition.  Don't sweat the details.  Enjoy getting back into cheerleading and continue to make healthy food choices. You'll look and be fabulous!

No you are not you are at a Healthy weight for your height.

A Normal one.

• Murzy

average weight if the weight is in the right places.

Sounds like you have a nice figure.  121 is not overweight, it is right in the middle of healthy BMI.  Once you get back into cheering you'll lose a few pounds.  

• my4

You’re fine.......