Will Exhaust manifolds from a 1984 Chevy truck fit on a 1984 Monte Carlo?

I'm not sure if they have a different setup but I need to know, so I thought I'd ask you people on here and see if I can get a fast response

I'm looking for exhaust manifolds for my 84 Monte V8 305 sbc

Go to Auto Salvage yards.  That is what you call Junk yards (but there is where they sell salvaged auto parts)  So it is a salvage yard.  Not many people will spend good money to buy junk.  But a good auto part, yes they will buy it because they can use it.

Now, every year the auto manufacturer's make a car they also print out various books about the car.  From new parts book,  body parts book, and a Parts cross over book.   The car dealer gets the new pars book and body shops get the body books.  The cross over parts book is something given to Auto salvage yards because they deal in swapping parts.

So they are the people to ask what exhaust manifolds bolt in?    Just tell them you got an 84 Monte V8 305.  They will look it up and give you the list of vehicles that have the identical part - so a bolt on job.  I am not saying they have the vehicles in their yard, but now you got the print out so you just have to find the vehicle.  It may not be a Chev truck...but you will know because the casting is different.

• Joseph1 month agoReport

Thank you for all the useful info and I know of a junkyard where I can possibly get some but that junkyard only has one Monte Carlo and I'm afraid those exhaust manifolds are probably not in good shape

If both are V8's, the bolt pattern is the same, but sometimes accessories like A/C compressor or alternator are bolted up to the manifold, so if this is the case, you need to check to see if the manifold has those bolt holes.

• Joseph1 month agoReport

The car doesn't have Emissions on it anymore or AC so if that's the case then I think both of them will fit

I am going to assume that both engines are 5.0L V8, because that is the only engine that is the same on the truck platform, as well as the Monte Carlo.  I only bothered to check one manifold, the right (passenger side) and on the C1500 and K1500, equipped with a 5.0L V8, the part number for the right manifold is 14031376, while the one for the Monte Carlo is 14007500.  So the manifolds are NOT the same.  Having said that, the exhaust manifold gasket is the same.  Both have the same part number of 37048356.  This means that the bolt pattern is the same on the cylinder head side.  Unfortunately, the pipe side is NOT the same.  The truck uses a 3 bolt flange for the exhaust pipe, and the Monte Carlo uses a 2 bolt flange for the exhaust pipe.  In order for the manifolds to be used in the other platform, the pipe flanges would have to be cut, and have the correct ones welded on.

• Joseph1 month agoReport

Ok thanks