Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is it rape if you had sex with an autistic person?

So I had sex with this guy, but it turns out that he has autism. I am now worried that what I did might be considered rape, since he obviously has a form of a mental retardation and I’m unsure if he’s considered able to consent. 

Am I in trouble?

Depends what his parents and doctors say.

I can,t reach to any one of you,I have to make you force to give him a gift to go for ever!

Just because they have autism does not mean they have the right to have sex. As long as the person knew what they were doing and consented it is fine however if the person was underage it can be considered rape depending on state and age. The person may have been slow but with consent, it should be fine. I hope that you do not consider every autistic person mentally retarded as you said. I have had best friends and they were not in fact they learned a lot faster than a lot of people I know

• Jim1 month agoReport

I knew a girl, kathy, who was mentally deficient. She started having sex ALL the time. She was out of control, would do it with any guy who wanted it. She was caught having sex in cars, giving oral sex in various places. Sad that guys took advantage of her, I never did. I was always nice to her.

As an autistic person myself, I'm going to first of all call you out on your f*cking ignorance. If he gave consent, then IT'S STILL CONSENUAL SEX!!!

Also, just because someone is autistic doesn't automatically make them retarded. If anything, you are yourself for having been so ignorant.as to call it that. He is not retarded. If he gave you consent, and he is independent or able to express that he understands and has been a functioning member of society, then yes, he can give consent and you haven't done anything wrong. If he's in the care of someone else and needing personal assistance with basic things, (Like bathing, cooking, getting dressed etc.) then he does not have the mental capacity for something like that, but I'm certain it should have been obvious by now if the latter were the case.

• If you did not know, then I would not worry, but, you should have sex after marriage before God. 

The best you can do is pray, ask God. Be detailed and talk to God like he is your best friend. God is all you have and the only one you can trust. Pray to God often as well. 

• patty

I got on the bus one day and there was a retarded girl sitting on the almost empty bus. anyway this guy sat next to her when the whole bus was virtually empty. I have read how retarded females often get sexually abused by men.

• Jim1 month agoReport

It's true, guys get away with this crap.

could be.  There are different levels of retardation and Autistic people.  However, he still needs to be 18 yrs or older, if you are 18 or older.  or not more then 23 months younger then you if you if you are under 18.  Mentally shortened people still have sexual urges.  there is a level of retardation that is so low, yes a person can not consent to having sex.  If he is over 18, the courts and police would have to show he is below the line of consent.  And yes you could be charged with statutory rape, spend up to a year in jail, and put on the sex registry list.  If you are under 21 I would tell your parents, and contact a lawyer.  If you plan to see him again. Or if he was also under 18 and you were older then 18.  If you do not get ahead and he was under 18 and you were 18 or older, it would be a sign you knew what you did was wrong, and more likely to be found guilty of sexual assault. 

• Autumn
      1 month agoReport

She never mentioned that he had an intellectual disability. Most people with autism have NO intellectual disability.

Trollololololol

• Lili
      1 month agoReport

Yes, that occurred to me, too.

never get involved  with people who are not like you

Yes, it was rape. Autistic people don’t have the intelligence and awareness to consent.