Why she told such a lie ?

When i paid $20 for $7 meal to waitless at cafeteria, she didn't pass me charge immediately. So after i finished, i asked them to give me charge $13. 

The waitless told a lie that i received $10 and gave you $7!  This is obviously lie. We did small fight and i got charge at last.

Why the waitless told a lie?

Favorite Answer

If the place was busy she may of simply forgot & it could of been an honest mistake, but in my experience because they are on minimum wage it's a common trick to get a higher tip & earn more money!

So she could probably try to keep it as a tip.

• Bob

There are two possibilities here,one is thatb this was an honest mistake on her part,the other is that,yes she may have been trying to steal from you.I will also say this,IWOULD NEVER DO WHAT YOU DID, if I think I got the wrong amount(or was charged the wrong amount) in change, I would have said so right away and not after I finished eating.

Friend knowing that this age there's lots of crooked people out there. You need to protect your own Rice bowl pay for your things with plastic don't give your cash to people and expect them to come back with the correct change there's a lot of people out there that are thieves protect your own Rice bowl

• Nuff Sed
      4 weeks agoReport

If you use a credit card, US laws protect you from any financial losses caused by fraud by others without your consent.  Not much of a problem.

she might have mis-rememebered. these things happen especially when people's minds are busy with other things. on the other hand this is a well known scam (but not typically perpetrated by waitresses). the scam involves asking you for change for a $20 or something like that. you give them 2 $10 notes and they say you gave them a $10 and a $5, hand you back the five and ask for $10 more.

in this case, the waitress was probably mistaken and you could return to the store the next day after they count the cash and ask for it back.