Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 month ago

I want my kids to be adopted into a different family because mine is awful?

I want to get an apartment finish school and work. I have alot of health issues and i dont have a good family. I really want to find someone to adopt my two children. There are many nice families at my local church. I know idk them behind the scenes but is there anyway i can tell the courts i dont want my husband getting my children or my mother/her family getting my kids? 

My mother/ her husband and my grandparents have always treated me and my kids as outsiders. My stepdad adopted me growing up bc he married my mom not bc he really loved me i feel. I really want to choose the family my children are part of.

Im very sick right now and cant care for them full time and work to support myself. There fathers family doesnt talk to them or him bc we are biracial and they are very racist. What can i do? 

• Kelly

For a child to be free and clear for adoption, both parents need to surrender their parental rights (or have them involuntarily removed by the state).  

The kids can't be adopted without the consent of their father as well.  If somehow they were adopted without his consent and he learned of it later, he can have the adoption overturned in court.If/when you you both surrender your parental rights, that also severs your families legal connection to them.  However, your family/his family can also still try to seek custody of them.

If only you used BC.

Their father will be given custody (assuming you are divorcing?) unless he agrees to the adoption.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
    • Ranchmom1
      1 month agoReport

Very true Kelly - the young woman who became our daughter's original mother totally looked the other way while she allowed her partner to sexually abuse her daughter every single day.

Good for you👍👍👍