Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

How to lose weight?

I'm a 15 year old boy, and I weigh more than I would like to. I'm looking for some tips as to how I can lose weight without doing some super extreme diet or exercising plan. I'm also pretty busy and I don't have a ton of time during the day. See the info below:

15 yo

5-9

190 lbs.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

According to science, exercise and diet play little to no role in losing weight. It's all about calories.

A man loses weight eating nothing but junk food:

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a45300/man-loses-...

Nutritionist loses 27 pounds on Twinkie and Oreo diet — no, really:

http://www.healthcarebusinesstech.com/nutritionist...

Eating healthy and exercising is good for you, but what weight loss companies don't want you to know is that low fat diets (or any diets) have nothing to do with losing weight. Simple: Eat less.

That being said, protein does boost metabolism. However, at the end of the day, eat less calories. Otherwise, you may be stuck in a frustrating loop of dieting and exercising, only to gain it back later by overeating. It happens to a lot of people unfortunately, because they are misinformed, and the weight loss companies market on that fact.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Stop eating food made with grains - pasta, bread, cakes or any baked goods, cereals. Don't eat anything with sugar, which means, you're going to have to give up processed foods completely. They aren't good for you anyway.

Limit your milk - milk isn't necessary.

• 1 year ago

Basically, decrease the amount of food you eat, and increase the amount of physical activity you do.

You don't have to go at this "hammer-and-tongs". Just start by eliminating much of the junk food and fast food, in favor of more vegetables and fruits.

Also do moderate aerobic activities, such as walking more or riding your bicycle. There's no point in exercising to exhaustion in the hope of "burning calories".

Losing weight is 80% about eating right, and only 20% about getting more physical activity. A reasonable rate of weight loss is about a pound a week on average. Some weeks you may lose more, and some weeks you may hit a plateau as your body adjusts to being lighter.

Well, keep on keeping on! There's no royal road to weight loss, but eating mindfully is a good way to start.

• 1 year ago

Stay active, wslk, bicycle, etc. cut out sodas, chips, bread. Your still growing at your age. Just need balance more good foods.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

-walk everywhere or as often as possible. Take the stairs instead of elevators. If you spend a lot of time sitting in front of a computer, try standing up and working/playing once a while. And don’t slouch. Stand tall and it will make you feel a bit better about yourself. 

- if you do fast food, cut down. Don’t totally deprive yourself of the “bad choices” but wean yourself off slowly. Go for salad or baked potato instead of fries. 

- avoid heavy carbs at least 2 hours before bed (pasta, bread, pizza). Try to eat light snacks at night. Save the heavy stuff for lunch. 

- lots of water!! Do not drink more than one can of soda per day. Absolutely no benefits and empty calories (and acne for many)

- get at minimum of 8 hours of sleep every night. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.