promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can you get diabetes from only one eating binge? ?

I heard of a man eating 26 candy bars, then getting diabetes. Not sure if that was a real story though. What do you think?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • I care
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Each person's systems run different with this issue.  Best to read up on the do's and don'ts about all of this so you won't over concern yourself. 

Just know,  diabetics is nothing to play around with.  Don't always believe stories others say,  just be well read instead.  Blessings. 

• 3 months ago

Simply put, no!  Diabetes NEVER afflicts ANYONE after one eating binge.  I'm afraid that what you heard is 100% false.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

Nope. You have to be obese for years and usually have a genetic component.

• 3 months ago

No. Diabetes has a genetic component for the cause leading to a defect in cellular glucose uptake OR lack of insulin production (depending on type), Diet doesnt make that happen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Fake story for sure

• Shay
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Eating the candy bars DID NOT CAUSE diabetes.

Eating the candy bars made it obvious that he was diabetic and just didn't know it yet.

There is NOTHING that you can eat that will guarantee getting diabetes.

There is also NOTHING that you can avoid that will guarantee you don't get diabetes.

Becoming diabetic is more about having the right combination of risk factors to develop the condition.  ONE time of over eating on sugar WILL NOT DO IT.  

Having a history of poor choices and risk factors will do it.  If someone has not realized that they are becoming diabetic and then they binge eat on something very sugary, then it could seem like the suddenly developed the condition.  But the reality would be that if they had been getting regular check ups each year, the condition would have probably already been identified.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i dont think hes done it just that one time

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

He may have been a diabetic and didn't know it.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

don't think so .....................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.