marilyn asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 week ago

Sore muscles after full body work out ?

I’ve just started working out and my whole body is sore because of this. Are there any tips to help the pain or make recovery quicker?

• Kyle
    1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

if you are sore to the point where you won't be able to sleep, you can take some Tylenol or Advil.  follow the directions on the label.

try taking a warm shower after a workout.  heat will help loosen up muscles in general.

keep drinking water. even though you're not currently exercising, staying hydrated will help.

sometimes it just takes time.  you just started working out after a break so your muscles aren't use to the strenuous activity.  it will get better over time.  

• 7 days ago

you seem to have a lactic acid build up

• 7 days ago

If you're old enough you can take BCAAs they help take away or lessen the pain from an intense workout. I take them everyday most of the time and it helps me a lot and i notice if i take it a little while after an intense workout it keeps me from feeling the pain in the first place.

Source(s): Evolution bcaas
  • 1 week ago

I sell natural herb based Supplements that aid in recovery after workouts! They are amazing 

• 1 week ago

Yes don't work your muscles so hard next time. Now you know that what you did was a bit too much. Your muscles shouldn't be terribly sore.

• 1 week ago

maybe you should take a break from working out

• 1 week ago

If you are just "sore" it will go away very quickly, it is just a build up of lactic acid, the by-product of oxygen used by the muscle that has been worked. A hot sauna or hot bath is how I used to get over that. The heat bringing more oxygen rich blood to the area. Don't believe in the old "No pain, no gain" saying that people still use, you should never feel anything more than a pleasant ache. Don't lift weights that are too heavy for you to lift on your own.

• Murzy
    1 week ago

Hot shower, warm bath in Epsom salts.

• 1 week ago

Anytime you start or restart an exercise program you are bound to get sore muscles.  That's one of the reasons why you should do so gradually instead of "all or none".  There's not really much you can do except rest, get plenty of fluids, and eat healthy (which you should do anyway).  

Don't worry, it is normal and will subside over time (the more you workout the less your muscles get sore afterwards).  It is however important to consider the difference between muscle pain and joint pain.  Some muscle pain is normal and is no big deal but joint pain is a big deal (you want to avoid that).  If you are getting joint pain then you are doing something wrong and/or have an injury.

• 1 week ago

No you will get less sore when you get used to it.