Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 week ago

Me ex fiancee is ruining my reputation?

I was dating a woman and it's gotten pretty serious until she came and destroyed everything. She told her that I play with women emotions then throw them away. "Like I did to her". That's not what happened. Those are lies. That's not the first time she ruined 1 of my relationships. Should I talk to her and tell her to leave me alone? It's over. She should just get over it.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 days ago

Her being able to contact one woman, probably because you've been sloppy on your social media, isn't the same as ruining your entire reputation. If you ended your relationship with this person properly she'd have no way of even knowing who you're dating now. Sure she sounds unhinged. But if she's not blocked on all your social media and unable to see any info about you, that's kind of on you. No ex should have access to you once the relationship is over.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 days ago

You'll get no satisfaction over talking to your former fiancee.

The next time you get involved in a relationship, tell your new girlfriend that your ex is an expert at spreading lies and causing you girlfriend grief.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    7 days ago

That is a very serious thing to anyone (male or female).  Why would you lie and say what you did if it was not true.  Just move on and be honest with people in the future.  You can never take back the words you speak!

• 7 days ago

One thing at a time.  What, exactly is she doing NOW that is impacting your relationships and or reputation? How, exactly, is she doing this?  You can try to talk to this woman, but it is unlikely that she's in any frame of mind to be reasonable. Make sure she is blocked from your social media. Change your phone number and email address if you need to.  

Defamation of character is a crime.  If you have proof that this is happening, file a police report.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

You have to talk to her one time and Sue her for slander maybe even get a restraining order against her to stop this.  I know what it's like to be bad-mouthed even when they don't believe it they will dump you to be rid of the problem of having to hear the bull.

• 1 week ago

i think there's more to this than you're telling.  A woman you're dating believes a former girlfriend over you. Some stranger (how is your ex finding these women, btw?) *completely* obliterates all the trust and good feelings you've built up over the course of your relationship in one conversation.

Most women want to believe they're dating a nice guy. Something is wrong here, and it' isn't *just* your ex.

• 1 week ago

Ignore it.

If you meet a woman and she relays this gossip to you, just say it’s not true and then move on. Up to her if she wants to trust you or not.

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

She is entitled to her opinion and can share it with whomever she wants. 

There is zero point in talking to her.

If the person you're dating actually likes you and trusts you, she isn't going to pay any attention to your ex. 

• 1 week ago

She is still angry at you and glad to see you hurt. Best to just let her know that she hurt you - it is probably the only satisfaction she will ever know. Forgive her and move away so that she will not interfere with the next relationship you have.

• Teal
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Confronting will give her the satisfaction of knowing she hurt you. It's what she wants and will only encourage her to keep harassing you. You need to block her entirely from your life and set your social media to private. Get rid of mutual friends too, they are just going to leak gossip to her.

But if you have lost multiple girlfriends after her interference, she isn't the only problem. Few women are going to take a bitter ex at their word, at minimum they would talk it out with you before making any decisions. If her story convinced them to break up with you, it's because the relationship was already troubled and she confirmed their fears.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.