common name and botanical name for weeds?

Yes, those are things.  What is it you want to know, though? Sometimes, common names can be confusing (get used for multiple species, perhaps with meanings that differ depending on where you are) whereas botanical names are unique and the same everywhere.

Most of us don't have a need to know the latin ID (botanical name) for a plant.  I find that maple is just as useful as acer even if I know that they refer to the same genus (for the most part). 

Let's take a real example to make my point: Acer negundo is the botanical name for a tree that has multiple common names including Box Elder (the one I knew as a child), ashleaf maple (the usual one I now use) and even Manitoba Maple in parts of Canada, among other names.  All are the same plant, a weed of a tree, really, that grows quickly and seemingly anywhere, and has a relatively poor quality of wood.

• Whenever I come across a plant I don't recognise growing where I don't want, I call it Weedus Weedii.

• Mog

Weediness is in the eye of the beholder. A “weed” is just a plant that grows among other plants where you don’t want it to grow. 

• Lôn

There are thousands of weeds....get a wildflower book.