How do they print books?

Not spiral books on 8x11 paper, I mean the normal smaller sized book that’s “hand sized”. I tried printing a couple pages landscape style on word document, with a space in the middle, but folding the pages didn’t work with the order of the pages...

So how do I actually print the pages so one side isn’t blank? Like 8x11 paper folded in half; on Word I just put a space in the middle of the page to fold but it still turns out funny when printing.

• Shadow
    Favorite Answer

Print or save the Word document as a PDF. Then open the PDF in Adobe Reader. Go to the print menu and it will provide you will several options including the booklet option. Select that, check the preview and then print. If you have a duplex printer (prints automatically on both sides) then you need to select the option to print on two sides of the paper and then the program will do the rest for you. You just need to staple it.

You would need a two sided capable printer or run the paper through printer twice.

Printing books can entail many pages per sheet, which are folded several times. 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28 and 32 pages per sheet are possible.  A sharp cutter separates the edges after the folded bundle is sewn into the spine.

https://printingpartners.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/...

Source(s): My dad worked for a paper box company for 24 years that also did offset press paper page printing for books. One, the Geo-Graphic Atlas from 1953 is worth hundreds.