Why does my three-year-old have a leaf collection?

She's filled her entire bedroom, and much of the house, with leaves. If I try clearing them out, she has a tantrum. Why does she do this? How can I get her to stop?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Logan
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Get her a place to put the leaves and leave her to it. Maybe she'll be a botanist one day or something if you encourage this. Maybe she'll grow out of it if you show support for it. Frame the leaves, get her a book or a box to put them in. The more negatively you react the more negatively she'll react in turn. Make an activity out of collecting them and what not. It'll either die off or she'll have a leaf collection.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pat
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Repeat after me.

NO.

• 1 month ago

Why do you want her to stop? She has found something that fascinates her and she enjoys, and you are trying to kill her vibe? You should be encouraging her. Take her to the park and show her different trees, how they grow, what their leaves look like at different stages, show her how animals and birds use trees for their home and food. Try showing her how to press leaves in a book and give her albums to put them in, or help her create a display and show it off in a frame. She obviously loves her passion and you need to help keep her passions going.

• Elsa
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Well,she clearly likes leaves 😉.

So what is the problem? She may grow to be a great botanist, or however just be very interested in forestery.  I am that myself, too.

You may help her making a composition with those leaves and give her a space where keeping them.

You should encourage her with those passions. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

likely interested in forestery

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Show her how to outline a leaf around the edges and then color it in so it's pretty then hang the drawings up on her wall and throw away the leaf. Tell her the leaf won't stay pretty but the drawing will always be pretty.

• 1 month ago

cause she likes them, maybe you can give her some construction paper to put them on

• Bill
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

She's three.  You make the rules and enforce them.  Tell her she can't keep the leaves in the house and find her a place outside to keep her leaf collection.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.