Would my DLA stop if my mother's carers stop? UK?

I get indefinite middle rate care DLA and my mum has always been my career. She gets carers allowance. We both have been getting that money since i was born. 29 years. But now my mothers coming off carer's allowance and its messing with her work income going over the earning limit's etc will my DLA soon to be PIP stop? I hear if i don't get cared for anymore, i can get more on DLA money added on to support my Independence. Some say it will stop because i no longer need a carer. But I still have a disability. Thanks

Have you forgotten that your already posted that your mother died.

There are a lot of people who have received DLA for years who have found themselves denied PIP. They will review the evidence of your disability with a fresh eye - Atos and Capita.  Both have been accused of cruelty in the increase of denials. The fact you no longer need a carer does not mean automatically you will not get PIP, but it will be taken into account.  There is a potential for your PIP to be more than DLA, but it rarely happens. Given what you've said about yourself, I wouldn't count on an increase.

• Summer

Capita lost their contract in 2018, it was given to Centre for Health and Disability Assessments Ltd which is a subsidiary of Maximus. 

Per a previous question, you mention that you mother died eight years ago

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

But here you're claiming that she's always been your career.  Seems those two claims would be mutually exclusive. 

UK answer

Hi. I was on DLA for years and now get PIP. You do not need someone to be in receipt of carer's allowance to receive DLA or PIP. I've never had anyone claim carer's allowance for looking after me and I live independently. Just because your mum is no longer going to be claiming carer's allowance it doesn't mean that she isn't caring for you along with friends and family it just means that she's better off financially without it and/or she isn't caring for you 35+ hours a week. Have you tried applying for ESA if you're unable to work? btw PIP isn't awarded indefinitely like DLA was and it's harder to get. Unfortunately a lot of people who were on DLA have had to go to tribunal to get a PIP award and many people have lost their motability cars as they can walk 20+ metres.

For the trolls: I get the top rate of both components of PIP along with ESA because I'm entitled to it! Don't like it - feel free to jog on.

Fuc* that **** below who clearly jealous you get more than her Mongolian son. Your money is more than how ya articulate yourself obviously. You get DLA regardless of working because you says it's a indefinite benefit, meaning nothing can effect it. Don't worry honestly

your previous questions indicate you claim to have learning difficulties and give the impression you are a deadbeat who can work and support yourself.

you give the impression you're a deadbeat, that you have the mental and physical ability to work...the people paying your bills have every right to demand answers.

if you can in fact work, that should be your concern as you could lose benefits because you do not qualify based on disabilityYOU SAY (in a previous question)

"I sometimes tell them i do other things like ice skating, playing guitar, swimming, cycling."

and indicate you don't WANT to go to college, not that you can't due to a disability)

it is YOUR OWN WORDS that indicate you CAN WORK.

• SimplytheFACTS

again, HEY ACE< PERSON GAVE SIGNIFICANT INFO ON THEIR MEDICAL CONDITION.....enough for people to rightfully be concerned.

If you can write on Yahoo answers. Your disability is not that bad and both of your money's should stop. You and your mother should be in jail. 29 years of free money. Middle rate allowance is for people with moderate issues who are mentally handicapped etc. My 27 autistic son doesn't even get that rate, he receives low rate and he doesn't know how to write count or spell like you, he plays with toys. But you can articulate yourself like that and get more than my son?? You don't deserve that money