Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 2 months ago

Will rats get in my bed?

Hey everyone! As you could probably tell from the title, I have a rat problem. We have probably caught at least 15 rats just this month and that doesn't seem to be the last of them given I still hear them all the time. My dad and I are going to get an exterminator but that won't be until sometime until the middle of next week. I was fine with waiting until then until I saw rat droppings in my bed, even after I cleaned my sheets, and I'd never seen any signs that they were in my bed until then. They could have only been up there because I wasn't sleeping in my room for a few nights because my dad was gone and I was sleeping in his room, but now my dad is back so I don't really have anywhere else to sleep. Is it likely that a rat will climb into my bed if not only I am sleeping in it, but my dog as well? Am I just being extremely paranoid?

• Trisha

I hope you go to jail.

Likely? No, not really, but it certainly is a possibility. An important thing to keep in mind when dealing with pests is the environment outside your house. The rats didn't just suddenly appear in your house. They have a livable and likable environment outside your house which caused them to make their way into your home. You need to rid your house for pests just as much as you need to rid your property. Take away any source of food they may have access to outside. Take away standing water. Take away anything they could use as a shelter; junk lying around, wood or brush piles, clean up fallen leaves and branches. In this situation, predators are your friend. Don't kill snakes or other animals that feed on rats. Make your outside property as inhospitable to rats as you can in conjunction with treating your home.

Awful rare, but possible. Not with you in it anyway.

Buy a set of those electronic ultrasonic rodent repellers,,they DO work.

Fine unless you are keeping pet rodents.

rats wont climb in your bed while youre in it

Source(s): used to have a big mouse problem

Why aren't you using sticky traps?

• daniel g

Can't get any cruler than those sticky traps. they should be banned if they can trap rodents and bats.

I had a rat jump in bed with me once. Pleasent dreams.